Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Magnetic Clasps

I've been trying to find worthy magnetic clasps. There are a lot of magnetic clasps on the market, but which ones are worth their weight? I wove a lovely little bracelet on a loom, about an inch wide and six inches long. I added a magnetic clasp - the heavy duty one that is sold at my local beadstore for $2.50. It's a nice looking clasp but.....no sooner had I snapped the clasp in place when the bracelet suddenly flew off! A simple flick-of-the-wrist and it was gone! After this experience I became very disappointed in magnetic clasps, wondering if they weren't just another bit of hype. Until I found some clasps from Rio Grande. Available in a variety of metals, the ones with the snap-lock appear to be the best. They are so powerful that they are difficult to pull apart. Now that's my kind of jewelry clasp! My Mom uses them on her heavy-duty gem and mineral pieces and they do not fail. Advice: For magnetic clasps, check out Rio Grande - a catalog supplier to the jewelry trade. They can be found at 1-800-545-6566 or online at www.riogrande.com
, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I have been having the same problem. It has been hit or miss finding strong clasps that were attractive and would hold well but were also reasonably priced. I've signed up for my account with Rio Grande. Thanks!

Emma Riley said...

There are many advantages in using magnetic clasps. The most know advantage will be that it helps to securely bond the elements together. We can see a clasps in almost every jewelry, whether it is a bangle or an ear ring. A magnetic clasp can make the jewelry much more attractive. More over these it has some scientifically proven advantages. The continuous use of these helps in increasing the oxygen supply to the blood, which in turn create heat among the body tissues.

magnetic clasps