Friday, April 28, 2006

Lascaux Inspired Artwork

Inspired by artwork found in the Lascaux Caves in France, Luann Udell has re-interpreted this art form into beautiful textiles and jewelry. She uses a variety of materials, including beads and polymer clay, to accentuate her visions. I especially like her earrings which can be found under her "Jewelry" section of her website. My favorite are the "faux" antler earrings - I am intrigued with scarification patterns and these beautiful earrings are great examples of this ancient practice. Click on the title above to see her textiles and be sure to check out her jewelry. Enjoy! (PS I've also listed her blog under "Beader's Blogs" - she's got some great information so be sure to check it out too!)

2 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

Luann has been one of my favorite fiber artists for a long time...thanks for featuring her and letting me revisit her wonderful website!

SuzyQ said...

Hi Bobbi!
Her work is so much fun. I'm really drawn to antiquities art so her work is just very special.
Thanks for writing!
Sue