Sunday, April 02, 2006

Stardust Beads

I found a wonderful little website this morning. Stardust beads has a gallery which features a variety of beaded jewelry items. They remind me of Miriam Haskell's jewelry but with a Japanese style. They're made using filigree findings - flat plates that you can attach beadwork to. The gallery has only been updated through 2003 but I think it's still worth the trip there! I would describe this artist's work as "feminine and delicate". I really like the look of beadwork combined with chains and metal - it gives the beadwork a graceful "vintage" look, and hangs well when worn. A good example is "A Tiny Little Arrangement" and "Elegant Shine". My favorite is the "Petite Luxury for Forefinger" - I like the colors and the texture. Have fun!
, , , ,

No comments: