Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Busy as a Bee

I thought I'd share a few images of things I've been working on. The first is my messenger bag. It's really big. I had no idea it would be so big! Why do people like big bags? Everyone loved it at class and wanted to make their own. Even my Mom loves it and wants me to make her one. You know, it does have one very nice feature: I can put all my sewing gear into it and haul it off to class. That's kindof neat...And come Fall, I can put all my bead class goodies in it and haul them off to class....And you know, it kindof looks good sitting next to the front door asking "Where will you take me next?"..... I think I'm starting to like this big bag.....How'd that happen?! :)~ PS The exterior fabric is honeybees on a honeycomb and the interior is just the honeycomb.



I've been working on some bead things. I can't put the full images up yet until the recipients receive these little lovelies (because they might see them on my site!). So here's a close up image with full ones to come soon!


Meanwhile, I've been working on Melanie's cab project. I know exactly what I want to do. But the big thing is getting it to work. I must make the "Function" before I can make the "Form". (Form Follows Function). Before I can begin my weaving, I had to design the prototype, which is what I have been doing when not posting on Beadweaver. I can't show you the prototype, because it would give away the surprise! (I'm saving the finished piece in it's full form for the very end). I hope to start weaving once I've transferred the design....so keep staying tuned! Shown right are the two fabrics I've chosen for the project - a blue suede and a lovely little art nouveau iris design...

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

How do you have time to do all of this? Beautiful work.

SuzyQ said...

Hi!
Glad you like it! I usually have about a dozen or so different projects in the works, not all related....it keeps me very busy :)
Sue

Sarah said...

That's a great bag! I'd love to know how you made it. You do really beautiful work.

SuzyQ said...

Hi Sarah,
Thank you so much! Send me an email and I'll send you the details!
Sue