Friday, May 19, 2006

Vintage Styles in Vogue

While on vacation, I came across a great little "find" of vintage patterns from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Here I've shown a few from the late 50's & early 60's. I love old patterns and modifying them to bring them up "to date" or not - just keeping them in their intended style. These little dresses are great for our hot summers and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to make first. Perhaps one with pockets so I can embellish it with beads.....

You can purchase old vintage patterns online - lots of sellers out there - a quick search on Google will bring you pages of sites to look at. Another great place to find them are thrift shops and estate sales. I've included a link in the title above to the McCall's/Vogue/Butterick site where out-of-print patterns can be found. Ric-rac used to be a favorite embellishment - what could be a more perfect 'update' than beads and crystals?! Besides, it's always fun to add a little glamour to a summer wardrobe. Have fun with the links! PS If you'd like a close-up of the image or a pattern number, send me a note.

No comments: