Saturday, July 29, 2006

Random Beadwork....

french beaded braceletOkay, not so random! I thought I'd share a few pieces of beadwork that I've been working on.

I've written a review of Marie le Sueur's book (soon to be posted) and in order to substantiate my claims (that it is very good) I challenged myself with following one of her more difficult patterns. I don't read French but I am fairly comfortable with figuring out diagrams. The design reminds me of a lacy fleur de lis...



flower beaded braceletI also played around with an improvised version of Marie le Sueur's Maya motif. I didn't plan this one at all, it just had a mind of its own. Reminds me of the Caribbean.





I've also been working on Melanie's project.....the Spirited Iris pattern (my name for this project). I love Melanie's cabs. They're absolutely enchanting (don't you agree?!)




french beaded earringsAnd for dessert.......I wove a few of Marie Geraud's Bahia earrings. They're so beautiful - very Marie Antoinette! I added a small crystal drop to the bottom (they're beautiful both with and without the drop). Imagine these paired with a tissue linen ruffled high collar blouse and a drapey long velvet skirt...

That's all for now!


, , , , , ,

12 comments:

Kathy N said...

Beautiful work!

I love the Spirited Iris! I'm off to your link to Melanie's site to look for pattern (I hope it's the right Melanie!)

mimi said...

Ohlala c'est magnifique !! I love your bracelet Tourvelle , I did it several times but yours is superb, what a beautiful choice of colors!
Your version of the Maya is very innovating too ..and the earings of Biloba ! greats works !
j'adore

SuzyQ said...

Merci beaucoup Mimi and Kathy!

Melanie's cabs can be found here: http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/html/face_stones.html
and I'll put a link in the post (I forgot about doing that!)

Thank you Mimi for mentioning the name of the bracelet: "Tourvelle" - isn't it a fun bracelet to weave? I used Miyuki 15's #2035 & #585 (pink opal) and the gold are 13o charlottes (true cuts). The crystals are 6mm garnet. The fleur de lis's tend to overlap (not noticeable in the photo) because there isn't a direct translation from delicas to 15's - if you try the pattern with 15's add about 4 -6 extra beads to the strand between each "fleur de lis".

Thanks for writing!!!

SuzyQ said...

Hi Kathy
This pattern is my own, using Melanie's 'face stones'. Well, it sortof is my own pattern. I am making something that is a surprise and one of the materials has this pattern in it. I photocopied the material and enlarged it, altered it slightly, copied it onto a special embroidery cloth and now I am beading it. I'll write a post soon about how to do this!

mimi said...

I am a great fan of Marie le Sueur !I had seen that you had realised yours with seed beads of 15 and I also thought that you had to adapt the model
Mine is all in black (mate and shining )with round beads in the medium
Also you must try the Elliandre pattern !With delicas 086 for the "body" seed beads 15-2006 for the "picots" and cristal light azore he is beautiful !

beadbabe49 said...

Just wanted to leave another general thank you for all your wonderful posts and links! The online beading community is growing by leaps and bounds and it's really hard to keep up with all that's going on....your blog is a great help! hugs and a kiss for all your hard work!

SuzyQ said...

Hi Mimi! Thank you for sharing the Elliandre suggestion. Your color combination sounds exquisite - I will try it!
Merci!

SuzyQ said...

Thanks Bobbi, I really appreciate your words.

galatéa said...

oh ! I love your interpretation of Maya's motifs !!!!!!!

Jewels said...

Bonjour Sue!

The Tourvelle is Magnifique, non? (I thought the bicones were black, but now that I know they're garnet, this piece must look awesome in person) I haven't had the chance to see Marie's book, but I've seen a similar pattern done in Alexis' site (who also has many fabulous designs of her own to share)

Thank you for the add. As Bobbi said, the beading community is growing so quickly, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay on top of all that is new. What you have created here is fantastic.
Thank you.

SuzyQ said...

Hi Jewels,
Thank you so much. I'm so glad you like it! :):):)

rere said...

bonjour
tres tres jolies bijoux
:o))