Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Adina Plastelina

Over the past few weeks, I've watched the strife between Lebanon, Israel, and Hezbollah develop. I am so happy there is a cease-fire and so far, so good.... The other day, I was thinking about how one of my goals of Beadweaver is to bring together our global community of beaders. So I started thinking about where our bead friends are in Israel and Lebanon, and who are they?

I came upon this website, Adina Plastelina. It is owned by a woman named Adi Prachia. Adi lives in Jaffa, Israel and has a beautiful studio in the old part of town. She specializes in making Fimo beads and is really very good at it. I've included a link to her website in the title above, so if you click on it you will be taken there.

What struck me most about Adi's pages, is the "How" section. If you take a minute to go through it, you will be treated with photos of people from all over the world who have visited Adi in her shop. What struck me most about this section is not just the smiles on everyone's faces (can beads bring anything but happiness?!) but that it shows how much we have in common through our love for beads.

What a wonderful site and I hope that Adi and her family are safe.

4 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

another wonderful link, suzyq! thanks!

Connie Marie said...

Beads make me smile and great idea about connecting to beaders worldwide!

SuzyQ said...

Hi!
Thanks!

Unique Jewish gifts said...

Enjoy the work of Adina Plastelina at Canaan Online.