Monday, August 07, 2006

Victoria Broad

Good Morning! Yesterday I wrote about Victoria Broad, the French online bead store where supplies for crystals and settings and Marie le Sueur's books can be found.

Just to note, currently they are offering free overseas shipping for items under 100grams (the shopping cart keeps tally of your weight). They also take PayPal!!! Be sure if you're ordering to request that the VAT (sales tax) be removed from your order - it doesn't apply to non-EU customers, but I'm not sure if you have to use a credit card to get the refund (I'll ask and get back to you - be sure to read the comments section to this post).

To see an example of Marie le Sueur's style of pattern instructions, check out the comments on yesterday's post - you'll find direct links to two free patterns on the Victoria Broad website. If anyone tries them, please write in to let Beadweaver's readers know what you think (and of course, we'd love to see photos of your work if you feel so inspired...). Have a great Monday!



, , , , , , ,

5 comments:

SuzyQ said...

Hi!
I've been in touch with VB and the VAT is refunded on both Credit Card and Paypal orders for those outside the EU.

beadbabe49 said...

I bought two of marie's patterns and have one half done, but I am wondering if VB has the 8mm rhinestones with the two holes she uses in so many of her patterns?

SuzyQ said...

Hi!
The rhinestones don't have holes in them. It's the settings that have the holes in them. I've found that they're called sew on settings. Gosh, your question was a really good one because I made the assumption that VB would have the 8mm crystals and the same size settings. I couldn't find them!!!! YIKES!!!!!!

I found a source with the rhinestones and settings, but the rhinestones are 40ss and the settings are 39ss:
http://www.jansjewels.com/other/sfswrd-1.html
http://www.jansjewels.com/other/sesro-3.html
I don't know if the rhinestones will fit in these settings, so I've emailed Jan to find out.

I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for asking this question! Hugs!

SuzyQ said...

Hi
Jans jewels dot com carries both the 39ss and 40ss stones and the 39ss sew on settings. She says the 40ss stones will fit into the 39ss settings but will sit a little higher. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Do you know if Victoria Broad has a new website or not? The link isn't working.