Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Table Top Studio

Taking pictures of beadwork is hard. Very hard. I've been looking for a way to create professional photos for a long time and in my search last year I found this website. Table Top Studio sells lighting kits for taking pictures. I've not bought one yet, on account of the price and hoping I could find a less expensive route. Last week I finally landed up in our local camera store, inquiring about purchasing individual components (and hoping to save a few $$). After all was said and done, the camera person told me I'd be better off buying the kit online. He thought the price was really good.

If you're interested in taking professional shots of your work, click on the title above to learn more about Table Top Studio's kits. I've included a direct link to their Bead kit, but they have others as well. Be sure to inquire about the graded background papers - the ones that fade into black - as I think these provide a very professional finish. If they don't have them, you can purchase them online here: Photo Tech

A great website with information on imaging techniques can be found here: Imaging Info

How to improve your pictures of beads and jewelry is also discussed here (and includes how to make your own setup) : Wet Canvas

, , ,

No comments: