Monday, November 06, 2006

Joyce Scott

For those of you who live in and around San Francisco, Joyce Scott will be giving a free lecture on November 17th at the Morgan Auditorium off of Post Street (That's downtown Union Squarish). Her talk coincides with a two month long exhibit of her work at the Museum of Craft and Design (550 Sutter Street, between Powell and Mason) which opens November 10th. To learn more about this event, click on the title above to be redirected. The event is co-sponsored by Velvet da Vinci, a f*a*b*u*l*o*u*s gallery in the City.

Joyce Scott's beadwork can be viewed online at the Mobilia Gallery.

, , , ,

2 comments:

Jane Morgan Smith said...

In August/September 2000, I had the amazing opportunity to sit at the hand of Joyce Scott at Penland School of Crafts for a week. This "bigger than life" artist imparted information that changed my life. What an amazing person she is. If I ever find out how to tell her in person how much I treasure that time, I will be very happy! She is so humanly naturally magic!

SuzyQ said...

Hi Jane,
I've heard this about Joyce too. Thanks for sharing!
Sue