Saturday, April 21, 2007

Celebrate Bead Week

What is Bead Week? A great excuse to celebrate the world of beads! Sponsored by the Bead Cruise, Beverly Herman & Heather Powers, Bead Week 2007 is designed to help bead enthusiasts renew their bead spirit and share the joy of beads with everyone around them.

You can celebrate Bead Week anywhere in the world, either by yourself or gathered with other bead junkies. Here are some ideas for how to celebrate: 1. Visit your local Bead Store. 2. Take a bead or jewelry-making class. 3. Attend a local beading event. 4. Wear your beaded jewelry all week. When someone compliments you let them know you're celebrating Bead Week. 5. Make 2 pairs of earrings, one for yourself and one for a friend. Wish them a Happy Bead Week! 6. Buy a bead book. 7. Throw a Bead Party! 8. Register for a national Beading Event. 9. Experiment with a new technique. 10. Wish someone a Happy Bead Week by sending them a special bead, anonymously of course!

To read more about Bead Week, click on the title above. And be sure to also visit the Bead Week blog where Heather will keep us all up to date on events around the world! Thank you to Heather for writing the information for this post (I simply rearranged the script).

, , , ,

2 comments:

No Easy Beads said...

SuzyQ...I can't wait to hear how you celebrate bead week. Heather and I are planning a bead party in San Antonio. I love when we throw our beads into a plate and create.

SuzyQ said...

Hi Beverly!
Oh my goodness, it's next week already!!!!! Where does the time go??????
I will post again to remind people to participate. I have something I am going to be working on, so I will post along...........