Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Seed Bead Size Results are IN!

127 readers answered the poll and ...... size 11 seed beads were favored by 65% !!! Second in line were size 15's with a vote of 22%. Size 8's, 10's, and 13's all lagged behind at roughly 3-6% (Surprised? I am - I thought size 13's would have gotten a larger vote).

World wide, size 11 seed beads are known to be the favorite. Many seed bead manufacturers offer their greatest variety in the size 11 selection too. So just how big is a size 11/o seed bead? Well, it depends on who you ask, what beads you are talking about, who the manufacturer is, and what century they are from (the beads, that is). I've heard various descriptions, but one that stands out (from Lydia at Beadwrangler) is that a size 11/o seed bead, placed with its hole facing up and lined up in a row, will cover one linear inch with ~11 beads. To read more about bead sizing, click on Lydia's name.

Thank you everyone who voted!!! To see the final results, click on the title above. And please stay tuned: I have a series of polls planned that will give us some insight into our seed bead preferences.....it should be interesting and fun!

Next up: What is your favorite seed bead shape?

2 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

I voted for Cut, although I don't use them a lot... :)

SuzyQ said...

Hi Diana,
I love cuts (charlottes!) but I voted for rocailles even though charlottes are my favorite :)