Monday, June 01, 2009

Bead & Button Show Opens in Milwaukee!

WAUKESHA, Wis. — More than 370 vendors and designers from around the world will be on hand selling their handmade, authentic creations. The Bead&Button Show marketplace is a unique opportunity for jewelry buyers to talk with jewelry artists, purchase one-of-a-kind pieces, order a custom-made piece, or go the DIY route and learn how to make their own.

The USA Today recently highlighted the Bead&Button Show as one of the country's top 10 great places for a hands-on craft experience (March 24, 2009). More than 13,000 people attended the Show last year. The Bead and Jewelry Marketplace is open to the public:
Friday, June 5
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 6
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 7 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

The 120,000-square-foot Marketplace is located on the third floor of the Midwest Airlines Center in downtown Milwaukee. Admission is $10. Children under 12 get in free. A $2-off coupon is available at www.BeadAndButtonShow.com/coupon. On Sunday, two people get in for $10 with COUPON!


***I am absolutely honored this year to have my entry "Fiesta" appear on the Editor's blog today at BeadandButtonshow.com (BIG smiles!) Click on the title (or image, right) to see what's happening at this wonderful event. Bead Dreams finalists will be on display this week and subscribers to the magazine will be able to download a Special Issue of all the works coming in August. I can't wait to see all of the beautiful entries!!!
(Thank you Louise & Matt for sending the info along!)***

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I wish I could go to a B&B show! BTW, Fiesta is a fabulous design! Pearl

KPC Jewelry Magazine Staff said...

Good luck with your entry! We're all so excited about the show here at BeadStyle, Bead&Button, and Art Jewelry magazines. Classes have already started, and I can't wait to get to the Marketplace this weekend! For more info, go to BeadAndButtonShow.com.

SuzyQ said...

Thank you Pearl & Matt! You can see a close up view of Fiesta at susanmandel.com

Melissa J. Lee said...

This piece is COMPLETELY GORGEOUS - I saw it last night on the B&B blog! I can't wait to see it in person on Sunday.

SuzyQ said...

Thanks Melissa! Have fun on Sunday!!!

Kerrie Slade said...

Wow and double WOW Susan - Fiesta is stunning! So much to look at. Good luck with the next stage :0)

Zoya Gutina said...

Dear Susan!

I don't think I'm too late, I'd like to congratulate you with making another Bead Dreams final! I'm so glad for you! Your piece is extraordinary! And - I wish you best of luck!

Hugs, Zoya :)

SuzyQ said...

Kerrie & Zoya,
Thank you!!!!! Zoya, your Christmas necklace is really lovely too and I was happy to finally see it - thank you for sharing it with us!
Thanks Kerrie :) Always so nice to hear from you and I hope you are doing well!
Best
Sue