Monday, October 19, 2009

Win a Signed Copy of Beading with World Beads!

Have you ever walked into a bead store, mesmerized by the beautiful trinkets - particularly the old, used, and hauntingly beautiful ones? Venetian beads, African trade beads, hand painted bone beads, brass beads, old milagros...these beads are so precious it's impossible to pass them by without buying one or more. If this sounds familiar, then this book is for you.

Ray Hemachandra, editor of Beading with World Beads, explores everything from a brief history of beads to basics in bead design and jewelry construction. He's collaborated with 16 talented artists to bring you a wonderful mix of necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and brooches. Beading with World Beads offers all the great things you've come to expect from Lark Books:

"This lavishly illustrated volume offers an introduction to scores of different beads, illustrates all the basic techniques, and presents both beginner and intermediate projects from a pool of talented designers. The one-of-a kind pieces range from Jean Campbell’s jangly "Milagros Charm Bracelet" to Elizabeth Glass Geltman and Rachel Geltman’s porcelain-beaded “A New Chinese Twist”—with stops in India, Africa, and many other countries along the way." Lark Books website

There are thirty nine projects in all designed by such well known artists as Jamie Cloud Eakin and Francie Broadie. This book is a feast for the eyes and inspiration for the soul for those of you who love world beads!

Let's get to the entry part! As before, here's how:

1. If you're on my mailing list, you'll be automatically entered to win.
2. If you're not on my mailing list, click HERE to sign up.
3. You must enter by midnight, October 22nd.
4. The winner will be announced on Friday, October 23rd.
5. Only one entry per person please. There is only one book available.
6. Don't forget to invite your friends to enter - and inspire me to add some goodies to the draw :)
7. Have questions? For FAQs, see the comments section! Good luck!!!!

1 comment:

SuzyQ said...

And now for the FAQs:
*How will you draw the winner? I recently discovered & use a service that randomly chooses a randomly assigned number: random.org

* Will you post my private email address on your blog? No. Only the lead name of the winning email address will be announced (the name before the @).

*I signed up but Feedburner asked me to verify my request. What do I do? You must verify your email address. Feedburner will send an email to the address you gave it. Please respond to this email request to activate your subscription. You can deactivate it at any time too.

*Will I get advertisements or spam by signing up for your posts by email? No. You will only get my Beadweaver blog posts by email when you sign up for this list. That's it. And I will never share it with anyone either.

*If I win, do I have to pay for shipping? No. I'll send it to you via our U.S. postal service.

*I live in Timbuktu. Can I enter? Yes. As long as you have a reasonable postal service available to you that does business with our postal service, chances are I can get it there.

*Why do I have to sign up for an email service? Because it is the simplest way I have of contacting you and keeping your email and identity private. You can always unsubscribe.