Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Your Seed Bead Style: Accents, Embellishments, Adornments

From Kalmbach Publishers - Your Seed Bead Style: Accents, Embellishments, Adornments brings beaders fresh ideas for a range of tastes. With whimsical project names like "Let's Twist Again" and "Pearl Orbit" by Laura McCabe, this book is ideal for intermediate-level beaders looking for unusual jewelry elements to add to their seed bead work.

The book features a range of techniques and stitches including peyote, herringbone, square stitch, bead embroidery, tatting, and right angle weave. Clear photos with step by step instruction guide the reader through each project. There are 31 projects in all - so many to choose from! The chapters are divided into themes which include: Crystlas and Glass; Pearls and Shells; Metals; Gemstones; and Fibers; and help to guide the beader in their interests.

Amongst my favorite projects in this book are the Picture Perfect Cuffs by Stella Broughton which teach you how to incorporate cabs with imagery into a bead embroidered theme and Hardware Embellishment by Caren Schwartz which combines chain, washers, nuts, and carabiners with seed beads to form an unusual necklace! I also love the Pearl Orbit bracelet by Laura McCabe and the Flowers and Lace piece by Lesley Weiss. To be honest, I really can't choose because they are all good for different reasons - lots of great projects and techniques in this one!

Your Seed Bead Style is available at bookshops now or can be ordered directly from Kalmbach Publishers by clicking on the title above or calling 1-800-533-6644. You can also preview the table of contents and a portion of the book by clicking HERE for the 1.5mb PDF.

To enter to win a copy of this book, please sign up for my email newsletter by Sunday, May 9th at midnight. The drawing will take place on Monday, May 10th, so stay tuned!

How To Enter:
1. If you're on my mailing list, you're automatically entered to win (yay!).
2. If you're not yet on my mailing list, you must subscribe (you can always unsubscribe later). Follow this link to sign up and enter: Beadweaver Mailing List
3. Be sure to check your email to confirm that you've signed up.
4. Deadline to enter is Midnight, May 9th.

For any questions about the Big Book Giveaway, please read the comments below for the FAQs. Good Luck!

3 comments:

SuzyQ said...

And now for the FAQs:
*How will you draw the winner? I recently discovered & use a service that randomly chooses a randomly assigned number: random.org

* Will you post my private email address on your blog? No. Only the lead name of the winning email address will be announced (the name before the @).

*I signed up but Feedburner asked me to verify my request. What do I do? You must verify your email address. Feedburner will send an email to the address you gave it. Please respond to this email request to activate your subscription. You can deactivate it at any time too.

*Will I get advertisements or spam by signing up for your posts by email? No. You will only get my Beadweaver blog posts by email when you sign up for this list. That's it. And I will never share it with anyone either.

*If I win, do I have to pay for shipping? No. I'll send it to you via our U.S. postal service.

*I live in Timbuktu. Can I enter? Yes. As long as you have a reasonable postal service available to you that does business with our postal service, chances are I can get it there.

*Why do I have to sign up for an email service? Because it is the simplest way I have of contacting you and keeping your email and identity private. You can always unsubscribe.

What if I don't want to be entered to win this book but I want to be on your email list? You can either send me an email now and I will remove you from the tally for this book or you can wait to see if you won before letting me know. I usually pick a sequence of random numbers in case the winner has dropped out of sight.

Teresa said...

Thank you. I know I will enjoy the book. I am into beadweaving and embellishments right now, learning new stitches and techniques. This book will help a lot.

Again thank you for the giveaways. Be blessed.

SuzyQ said...

You're welcome Teresa, Enjoy!