Sunday, August 29, 2010

Need To Know: More On Copyright

Join Sig Wynne-Evans as she continues her discussion on copyright for beaders. Here is a list with direct links to what she's written so far. And please check in with her again this week for yet a fourth post on Copyright issues for beaders! (Just click on the title of this post to view her blog)

Copyright Pt 1: Sig Enters the World of Copyright

Copyright Pt 2: % Change (Can you change a pattern and call it your own?)

Copyright Pt 3: Selling Beadwork from Patterns (Is it okay?)

2 comments:

3 Peeps Designs said...

Thank you for listing these blog articles. I design Peyote cuffs and sell the patterns and it is a bit of a slippery slope because of copycats etc. It frustrates me to no end and I am trying to be a better person about it and not let it get to me.

SuzyQ said...

Hi,
Yeah, it's really hard and its something every one who sells patterns struggles with. One thing I learned with both teaching and creating patterns is that the joy is in sharing our creativity with others. There will always be people who will try to copy or put their name on your work but as Rita Sova once said to me "From where your design came, more will follow". Sometimes, you just have to let go and know it will be okay.
Sorry I didn't answer sooner, my parents were visiting all last week, it was kinda crazy!
Hugs,
Sue