Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing With Paper

I'm constantly on the lookout for new ways of expression. As part of this journey, I thought I'd share some great finds with you. Today I found a wonderful feature on Etsy about a paper artist named Mandy Smith. Her house video "The Move" reminds me of Louise Hill's work with houses (soon to be featured in the upcoming book- Beading Across America). Mandy's also created paper sculptures for commercials (click on the title above to see it). Wow. Now if only we could clue in Big Media to beadwork as a viable commercial medium....!


The Move, Paper Animation from Mandy Smith on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Cherry Chick said...

Wow...that's just amazing. The talent that people have is mind boggling. Loved the house the most.

´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

SuzyQ said...

Pretty cool, huh! Love your logo too!