Thursday, March 08, 2012

Enjoy The Ride

I've been sidetracked for two years now. I haven't left beads entirely - that would be a sin - but I've been experimenting with other forms of expression. There was a story last night on PBS... discussing how in painting, one spends years mastering the necessary skills  and once those are achieved one is left only with creativity. I agree, but only partially. We spend years learning, mastering, with the hopes that one day we will create the perfect vision. The problem is that when we arrive, we are off on another adventure. That is to say, we can never arrive. One does not stop eating just because one has grown. 
Fingerling Brooch: paper, beads, aluminum: drilled, dapped, riveted, knitted, enameled

❤ It is not the destination but the journey that counts ❤ 

7 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Could other forms of expression include Nuno Felt??

sootfoot5 said...

I couldn't agree more - beading has led me to sewing, something I never thought I'd try, and I'm loving it! And it has also brought me into some mixed media type projects with acrylic paints. Yes, it is the journey - I always say it is the having fun that counts!

GraceBeading said...

Beautiful!

SuzyQ said...

@ Arlene: When?!!! Absolutely!!!!! :):):)

SuzyQ said...

@ sootfoot: Me too! I learned to sew about 4 years ago! Funny how that works. There is so much gained in learning something new - and I always find a way to work those new things into my beadwork...it's just constant inspiration...My problem is getting my brain to stop and focus on one project at a time :)

SuzyQ said...

Thanks Grace!

Deb Miller said...

Hi girl!
Thanks for all the work you share with all. Love the quote!

Deb Miller xoxo