Monday, November 30, 2015

Something There Is...

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...

I have had this blog for ten years now. As of late, I have not been blogging. Actually, as of the past few years. It's not for want of blogging, it's just that...well...you see, my Mom died. And before she passed away I took care of her. And then I took care of my father. And then I returned home to surgery. And then my faithful companion, my dog, went on the sharp decline. I guess that is how life is sometimes. It takes your insides and turns them out.

And so I've set out to explore other areas of creativity. Well, actually, I set my sails a long time ago. But this blog was dedicated to the art and craft of beadweaving and so to stay true to its intent, I never ventured beyond it. But the time has come for me to spread my wings. I've started a new blog called MadeOfThread which will encompass everything I do or am interested in. Because it is a lot more than beads. And without the boundaries of only beads, I am free to pursue my heart's desires. Currently, it's cloth. And if you think about it, weaving beads is creating a cloth too. So you will find there anything that strikes my fancy with a mjor emphasis on beads. Please come join me. I hope to see you there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely way to say goodbye to an old way and hello to another. I appreciate what is and hass been happening to your life, as I am experiencing some turning inside out myself. I also seek grounding in textiles and handwork. It is a wonderful thing, this creating we can do. Thank you for sharing.

KJ said...

Loss is a teacher- not a comforting teacher, but a chance to learn and embrace something new while holding gently to those old lessons. I am sorry for your loss and glad to hear that you have found some new outlets. I will add your new site to my RSS feed.

SuzyQ said...

Yes, there is something very wonderful about being able to use our hands to tell a story. I find strength in my sorrows and their lessons-these are the lessons of living. Please feel free to post your blogs, work, or website links in the comments, I always love to see others works.

SuzyQ said...

And thank you for your comforting replies.